Tuesday, February 12, 2008

St. Valentine's Day Don'ts

St. Valentine's Day is almost here and if you're planning to get married on that day, I recommend you do not.

I did. Many many years ago.

And when that marriage didn't "work out," I found myself wishing I had chosen a wedding date with less goopy significance. I would be oh-so-relieved when the presiding J.C.L. didn't throw a lung laughing upon seeing it on my annulment petition. I was also grateful the Tribunal did not base its ruling on Canon 1095,30. In fact, all the Church officials I encountered during the annulment process were extraordinarily kind and compassionate. Meeting with the tax accountant on St. Valentine's Day...something I've been doing for the past decade? Entirely my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!