Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back? Forward? Choir!

Looks like I may be back to choir after benching myself years ago, although doing so feels like forward movement on a variety of sacred fronts.

After months of visiting, I've opted for a church choir that usually ends its practice with prayers. Music ministry...what a concept. This choir sings from a loft, a setting that leads to a different set of antics than I've experienced while singing at floor level. It's also as hot as h-e-double hockey sticks up there but I don't care. I adore the perspective.

It was from this aerial view last Thursday that I happened to notice how the sanctuary below was starting to look like a theme park. What was up with all the BVM statues?

"It's May."

Oh. Right.

1 comment:

  1. Finding a choir that starts and ends with prayers is an unbelievable blessing. I know when I used to be a choir director 2 years back, I was not able to instill enough prayer and reflection into my choir.

    Hope your service in that ministry brings much fruit.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!