Thursday, December 4, 2008

SPAM du Jour

Now that I've adjusted Outlook's SPAM filters, most e-crap goes directly to the Junk E-Mail folder. Gutsy as I may be in other sectors of my life, I am not bold enough to delete this folder without first scanning what's in there.

I've also been known to un-delete stuff, when the attention-grabbing headline grabbed my attention after I hit the delete key.

All this is preface to note that I've been reluctant to delete these chunks o' SPAM:

Titan Peeler: Peel, slice, shave, and shred like never before!
I'm a freelance line editor, so I think I might need this to tidy up manuscripts.

Obama Coin: U.S. mint Presidential Dollar!
An economic recession has been declared officially, so I think I might need this to stuff into my mattress.

Beggin Strips: 2 Bags of Chewy Bacon Dog Treats!
I'm a consultant, so I think I might need these to attract/retain clients.

The College Network: Meredith, Give Yourself the Gift of Education!
I already gave myself the gift of too darn much education. Still, this offers me an opportunity to register for an Online Paralegal Certificate program. I aide an attorney, so I think I might need this to make partner.

4 comments:

  1. Aren't you supposed to be finishing a MS??? Too funny, and I say, just delete it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mummy, I'm 'sposed to be finishing a ms. Will get right back to it... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wasn't in my spam folder but my favorite was the ad for a coin set with the headline that read something like, "Tell the kids they're shiny, round, dated, valuable action figures!" My 6-year-old got a kick out of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and shiny seems to be the way to attract kids AND adults these days. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!