Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lenten Practice: Approaching Laetare Sunday


How is my life shaped by saying, "Jesus is Christ"?

Rose-colored vestments coming up this Sunday and the opening antiphon: "Rejoice, Jerusalem!"

Love the joy. Believe the joy. Embrace the promises. Still, Lent always becomes more complicated for me at this point. It will become more so during Holy Week.

I don't give a blooming-or-not fig tree about earthbound debates among clerics. I believe "the Old Covenant has never been revoked" (CCC 121) and much weeping remains in and for Jerusalem.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is a wonderful picture. It reminds me of a prayer group I belonged to back in the 70s. We called ourselves "Both Feet" because that was the last the apostles saw of Jesus, and how we were jumping into life with Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!