Tuesday, March 30, 2010

When Worlds Collide: Pesach Edition (5770)



Behold one view of last night's Seder and no, I did not bring the palm crosses. Those were lovingly placed on the table by someone from the Episcopal frond of my friend's multi-faith family. I had other issues.

Because I've been gluten-free since October, our colloquy went something like this:

Me: "Can't eat the matzoh or matzoh balls."

She: "Oh no! Then you can't have my matzoh kugle.
"

Me: "Darn, I was really looking forward to being constipated for a month.
"

She: "Well, there will be brisket."

I didn't even have time to chant dayenu before she continued,

"And, we'll have appetizers ─ chopped liver, herring, and shrimp."

2 comments:

  1. Shrimp!? For Passover? No wonder Elijah was a no show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be brisket? Hah - you know I love that!

    Last week I taught my boss the song Dayenu as we were talking about the very idea of dayenu. He was not familiar with this... Then he walked around the rectory singing it all week long!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!