Thursday, July 29, 2010

Identity Theft: Calling for Honor Beyond Thieves

Supposedly there's "honor among thieves" or so the proverb goes . . . except when someone notes that there is, in fact, "no honor among thieves."* WhatEVER.

Since I'm currently in the throes of dealing with identity theft, I've decided it's time for more accountability by these scoundrels. Going to steal my identity? Then I really think you should also:
  • Do my laundry
  • Pay all my bills
  • Call my mother on a regular basis
  • Floss my teeth
  • Schedule me, not you, for a spa day
*I found these interesting thoughts about the expression here.

3 comments:

  1. Someone is daring to be you??? OK, this totally has "personal essay in the NYT Mag" all over it.

    GO for it. (once you untangle the mess, I guess. Yow. Truly sorry. As if you have time for this right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! What a mess for you. I hope this move and all the ancillary benefits accompanying it will help in establishing the new you. Or it is reestablishing the old you. Or is the "you" of you forever changed. Nah...can' be that one. You is you. Always. Ahhhh, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

    http://forlots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!