Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Teensy Resolution for 2011

According to the maintenance guys in my apartment building, the preponderance of gnats in my apartment is due to its proximity to the trash room.

This makes no sense to me because the trash room is all the way down in the basement and the gnats seem to come in through my 10th floor windows. (No, Eugene did not bring in gnats.)

My apartment is large and I do not have food out and around. All chocolate is wrapped until right before eating. Nevertheless, the gnats have an uncanny ability to show up.

Last year (i.e., the other day) I watched one gnat traipsing across the inside of my living room windows. In that moment, I resolved to stop swatting and squishing them in 2011. They're teensy, don't live that long anyway, aren't filthy like flies (or turtles) and I admire their feisty ability to find my nostrils.

That's it! My New Year's resolution!!

I'll probably get back to regular exercise at some point but wanted to start (very) small.