Saturday, June 25, 2011

An Author's Life: Writing Rituals (XXI)

It's a well-founded sociological truism that stereotypes come from somewhere. Although they can be distorted and misused, stereotypes are grounded in reality. I know this because I'm a sociologist. 

And the stereotype about writers and cats? I know that one is grounded in reality because I'm a sociologist and a writer who is, once again, being supervised by a cat. 

Hand and paw to God, my creativity and productivity has been boosted significantly since Mozart arrived on the scene (aka, my desk).    

Is this the face of a muse or what?


 

7 comments:

  1. Quite the muse! Does he dance along the keyboard as well? My three like the keyboard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He doesn't yet seem to be a keyboard musician. Seems to like slapping the virtual goldfish on my screen. What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to blockade the door to keep the cat out while I write! She want to sit in my lap, while I use both hands to pet her, which while delightful, does nothing for my word count.

    The day DragonDictate shows up at the door, I'll know who ordered it and why. Who needs hands on the keyboard to write?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, now that is a good writing ritual!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should consider installing "kitty controls" on your computer to prevent him from surfing the web.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sha: Kitty...controls. Which word does not go with the other? This mini-panther controls ME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't checked your blog for a few weeks and see what I missed. What a beauty! Your Mozart looks exactly like my Jasmine. A word of warning if similar genes control: Jasmine likes to leave little surprises on my bed while I'm at work. Be on the lookout for dead mice and waterbugs between the sheets. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!