Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wedding: Ix-Nay the Ehearsal-Ray

Want to make a Cathedral's Wedding Coordinator very happy? Be the couple who does not need a wedding rehearsal. We do not need a wedding rehearsal.

Such is the blessed reality of having no ushers, no bridesmaids, no groomsmen, no flower girl, no ring bearer, and no parents freaking out on the sidelines. Needless to say, the Wedding Coordinator at The Episcopal Cathedral of the Incarnation is very happy. So is our officiant.

We simply want to gather together friends and family to witness our marriage and celebrate Holy Eucharist.

Dan is a priest and former news producer. I've been a liturgical minister and conference organizer. We've both been previously married. I'm wearing flats.

What's to rehearse?

9 comments:

  1. Rehearsals are completely unnecessary whether you have "no ushers, no bridesmaids, no groomsmen..." or many. I had 7 bridesmaids and groomsmen, 1 maid and matron of honor, parents on both sides, and we survived (30 years in December) well without a rehearsal. I too wore flats and add to that, sheer knee highs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipes! It has been 30 years?? Seems like only...wait...it does seem like yesteryear. My readers also need to know that you did not force your attendants to wear dresses that made us look like Bo-Peep on a very bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those the shoes in the picture? I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Denise, them's the shoes! Very comfy. I tried on a fab pair of low heels but they were so pointy my ankles were turning while I was standing still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesh! Rehearsals are for sissies!!! (and usually a big old Friday night buzzkill for the organist!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No kidding...and not just for weddings. I like the adrenalin surge of being approached by a deacon a mere 15 minutes before liturgy and being asked to be the Lector because the assigned person flaked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you Meredith! Love the shoes! Sounds like a wedding more focused on the essence than the fluff!
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheesh. I wish Sister Rehearsal at our old parish could meet you. Three rehearsals (every year) for Passion Sunday (and we did the same thing every year.)

    Love the shoes. Thems' good dancin' shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking good traipsing up the aisle shoes -- without ending up on a gurney midway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!