Monday, October 10, 2011

Wedding: Reception Prep

Need to work on that pinky...
@RevWeb was raised Roman Catholic, started the Altar Boy thing (when they were boys only) at age five and went to Roman Catholic seminary for nearly two years. 

He left the Roman church ("but I'm still catholic") in 1990.

After a long, admirably successful career as a news producer, he decided to become an Episcopal priest. This career change required another stint in seminary to, and I quote directly from The Rev. Canon, "learn the Anglican tradition."

Why wasn't learning how to properly hold a proper teacup part of the core curriculum? Here's a picture from one of our home schooling sessions.

3 comments:

Fran said...

How you plumb the depths of what needs to be learned!!

And I'll be checking finger positions, I promise you that. (As if an Irish-Italian-Catholic-Jew from the Bronx would know from tea cups...)

Meredith Gould said...

Fran...I know from tea cups because my Jewish mother from the Irish-Italian-Catholic neighborhood of Flatbush was raised what was then considered upper middle class. My father, the Jewish atheist from the same neighborhood, was raise p-o-poor. He didn't know from tea cups either. I thought Marx perfectly described the class warfare in my childhood home.

Sharon Grosfeld said...

This is why it is advisable to use teacups without little handles.