Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sneezing in Seattle

Two days before leaving for Seattle, my husband sent me a link to a cheery little article about the whooping cough  epidemic in this region. Like I had time to get a booster shot? I did not and want to believe that doing so would not have prevented what rolled in yesterday afternoon.

Today I'm being held hostage by a sore throat, sneezing, and post nasal tsunami. To make matters worse, I've completely lost interest in the fabulous gluten-free pastries I discovered at a nearby bakery.

But as bummer events go, this is rather nice. I'm staying at the Sorrento, a lovely old boutique hotel in the First Hill neighborhood. Comfy bed, abundant tissues, and WiFi.  With regret I canceled two meet-ups scheduled for today so I can rest up for tomorrow's workshops . . . and wander (rather than crawl) back to that wonderful bakery.

4 comments:

  1. Allergy time in Seattle. Pollen is everywhere. Try zyrtec or a clone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be delighted if this were an allergy situation, but the sore throat and body aches suggest an old-fashioned cold. More evidence? I'm craving soup and ginger ale, which never happens when my seasonal allergies flare up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling very well tomorrow. Not only will you be disappointed but those who are looking forward to hearing your talks and workshops. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!