Thursday, January 31, 2013

Introducing Wheelie Accessible Cooking

Busy people always have time to do more, right? Apparently. 


Check out Ruth Harrigan's new blog, Wheelie Accessible Cooking. The tag line will give you a sense of the intended tone, "preparing simple meals without causing havoc or further injury." 

Ruth blogs about faith, disability, and advocacy at Wheelie Catholic. Now she's aggregating information about "adaptive cooking" on Wheelie Accessible Cooking.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I was Ruth's personal aide for years. Those years included lots of cooking and cleaning by me; carping about social injustice by both of us.*   

Now add to that my rarely-written-about but often moaned-about-in-private fibromyalgia and it made sense to us for me to join her in this endeavor. Check out my first post, Cooking under the influence . . . of fibromyalgia to see what I mean. 

In other news, I finally finished the church social media book and it's being copy edited. I'll announce the title and tell you about how we chose it in another post. It's a great story about the total blessing of working ecumenically.


*You can revisit all that by searching Life as a Personal Aide posts.