Friday, March 14, 2014

Inward Ho for Lent, 2014

This:


So what if I've spent years writing about the salutatory benefits of self-care, holistic health, and spiritual practices? I've been moving forward with everything I think I'm supposed to be doing -- writing, speaking, training, consulting -- by sheer force of will, neatly wrapped in near-complete denial about how I'm feeling.

Here's the simple truth: I'm core-level exhausted.

If I had to guess, I'd say that I passed from being merely tired during October 2013 to serious depletion by the end of January 2014. Now, I'm a living breathing flat-liner...who ordered a live-streaming package from Xfinity to support the semi-vegetative state I'm embracing for Lent.

8 comments:

Lynda said...

Meredith, I noticed the silence of your blog and have been wondering how you were. Please rest and be renewed. Blessings and prayers.

Elizabeth said...

Deep peace to you, dear Meredith! Rest leads to Resurrection!

Greg Smith MD said...

Rest and regroup, my friend.
You do, after all, have more to say.

Susie Erdey said...

"...living breathing flat-liner." Dang. That'll preach.

Ian C. said...

Time for a retreat to Holden Village?

Laurel Masse said...


In music, a rest is a pause between notes. That pause is what makes the notes meaningful. There is no music without occasional silence. Rest, Meredith.

Lynda said...

Meredith, thinking of you on Holy Thursday and continuing to pray for the restoration of your health. Be well. Blessings and prayers.

Kathy said...

wish I'd seen this when it was written, it took me until the end of April to do something about my fatigue.

Keep giving cues.