Sunday, June 1, 2014

Internet Evangelism Day 2014 and I'm going to #eFormation at VTS

Love synchronicity -- it's Internet Evangelism Day and this afternoon I'm heading out to eFormation 2014, an annual conference produced and sponsored by Virginia Theological Seminary.

Tomorrow I'll be giving a workshop that I've cleverly titled, "Keeping an Eye on Visual Social Media." And because I'm forever (hopefully not, forever) having to explain the importance of crafting strategy before choosing tools, take a peek at my slide about that:


Tuesday morning I'm scheduled to deliver the plenary keynote, which will be more of a conversation than formal blather from a podium. I'm hoping to get this image of Laura Leist Catalano's tweet up on the big screen behind me:


If you need a break from rueful laughter, read, "Communication at the Service of an Authentic Culture of Encounter" prepared by Pope Francis for the 48th World Communications Day.

2 comments:

  1. Meredith, thanks for sharing Pope Francis' reflection as well as your own insights. Enjoy your time at the conference - I'm sure the participants will learn lots and will enjoy the humour which is a great part of you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being with us, Meredith. We got great informal feedback on your sessions (no surprise!). Good to finally meet in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!