Saturday, December 22, 2007

Betta Testing

Is it my imagination, or are the Betta Boys gazing at me with great apprehension as Christmas Eve draws near?

"Relax,"I murmur while sprinkling food pellets along the watery surface of their individual tanks. They cannot be together in the same bowl, but I've noticed how they do not at all like being too far apart. They hate being bored as much as they love being fed. They absolutely love being fed. Who doesn't?

"The Feast of the Seven Fishes has absolutely nothing to do with you," I explain reassuringly. Is it my imagination, or are the Betta Boys finning more frantically as the final Sunday of Advent approaches?

"Relax," I coo while overfeeding them. "When it's finally time for you to be with , you can count on receiving the most divine fish funeral. Just like the others received."