Monday, September 15, 2008

An Author's Life: Beginning Again (VI)

This is me, extending the pregnancy metaphor to announce that I'm expecting [to publish] another book in July 2009 while still recuperating from publishing [birthing] one in July 2008.

For years I've been thinking, researching, and giving public talks about how Judaism's legacy is revealed in the structure and substance of worship at liturgical churches. And for years I've been revising the book proposal. Morehouse, which just released The Word Made Fresh: Communicating Church and Faith Today, is publishing my next baby.

I received this happy news on Wednesday from my beloved editor [midwife] who called to say, "Congratulations, you get to work with me again." Indeed. We have a major mutual admiration thing going on.

Next order of authorial business: the Nail Clipping Ritual whereby my longish, well-shaped natural fingernails get cut down to sports length -- the sport being typing, of course.