Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another Year, Another Church-Based Seder (Fight?)

Although Lent doesn't begin for another couple of weeks, it's not too early to plan a church-based Seder, so here's my annual pitch for Come to the Table: A Passover Seder for Parish Use. This labor of love is also available in a print format via CreateSpace and Amazon.

First published in 2004, my haggadah has been adopted and used by more than a dozen parishes over the years. I revised and redesigned it last year, re-priced it...lower. This year it's also available on Kindle.
SPECIAL Easter (40%) DISCOUNT ON ORDERS OF 5 or MORE copies. Offer good until Pentecost Sunday (May 27, 2012). Use this code: VLZT37ZE and order here.
So what's with the fight reference? {insert Big Sigh here}

Every year I get caught up in a near-endless loop of conversations about whether it's appropriate for churches to hold a parish-based Seder. You'll find one of my responses on the Ignatian Spirituality blog, dotMagis. For The Rev. Ann Fontaine's interview of me for Episcopal Cafe, click here.

I have nothing new to add to my well-documented explanation for why these events have theological and spiritual value for Christians.

I will add this: Please read those posts and read my book, Why Is There a Menorah on the Altar? Jewish Roots of Christian Worship (also available on Kindle) before picking this fight with me. Again. Shalom vobiscum . . .