Thursday, August 29, 2013

Today's Reminder (8/12/15): a quote from Moses Maimonides

Earlier this summer I set up a Pinterest board called, "Reminders" with this description: "Staying awake, aware, clear and focused on what's important." My first pin was a quote of Einstein's repinned from brainpickings.org, a fantastic site that makes good on the promise of its name.

I soon moved beyond pinning found quotes. Clicking "Pin it" takes a nano-second. Searching for a background image and then choosing a font and frame can capture my attention for an hour or longer. As a result, I become more engaged with the words and the worlds of meaning they reveal. Bonus: both sides of my brain are cooperating!

As a technical note, I've been using these platforms: pinwords.com, pinstamatic.com, and ribbet.com. As for the background images,