Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wedding: Hairdo Won't

"I was thinking I'd go to CVS to find a blinged out banana clip."

Jen, the sweet young thing who cuts my hair had asked me what I was planning to do with my hair for the wedding. She looked pained at my response. "That was hurtful. You should let me blow it out," she said.

I trust Jen. Not only is she skilled and always stays in the delightful range of the perky spectrum, she has encouraged me to stop coloring my hair. I trust a hair stylist who doesn't succumb to cross-selling. She doesn't even try to sell me product, so I know she won't do anything goofy or so-not-moi with my hair.

Continuing the crowd-sourcing trend, I checked with several gal pals, all of whom voted to let Jen futz with my hair that morning.

Makes sense, but I'd have to show up at the salon around 9:30 AM, the liturgy begins at 2:00, and Jen says, "Don't run around getting all sweaty before the ceremony."

Maybe I could find a purple banana clip to go with my dress? Or, delegate the running around stuff.







H/T: Nag on the Lake for the hysterical historical pic

7 comments:

  1. Meredith -- Loved your hairdo* story and the photo is a scream. We guys have it so much easier. You will post wedding photos on your website, yes? -- Jim

    * -- "Hairdo" -- Don't ask me why that 1950's expression popped into my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim -- hairdo is SUCH a 50s expression...along with Beauty Parlor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suddenly, the "hairdo ladies" in Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible lept into my brain.

    Can't wait to see what your actual hairdo will be!

    (PS the word verification is "saximly." Perhaps that describes your wedding 'do - Meredith's hair looks so saximly today!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suddenly, the "hairdo ladies" from Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible came to my mind. Can't wait to see the actual 'do you and Jen come up with!

    P.S. My word verification is "saximly." As in, Meredith's wedding hairdo is very saximly, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delegate, delegate, delegate! (But not to the Cantor!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely. Jen-do and others-do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!