Friday, November 16, 2012

An Author's Life: Does This Manuscript Make Me Look Fat?

Yeah, I have "food issues."  It's something I discovered after getting into 12-step recovery for something(s) else.  Call it the Whac-A-Mole theory of addiction. Never did I want to eat so much for no good reason as when I finally decided to stop [fill in blank].

When it comes to food, which is impossible to quit altogether, things really get dicey when there really is an alleged good reason for indiscriminate, mindless over-eating to self-soothe. Writing a book is one of those bogus good reasons. I'm now two-thirds and five pounds into this latest effort.

I am such a liar.

Truth be told,  I'm only slightly over one-third done with this manuscript and more like eight pounds heavier. Plus, I've restored caffeinated coffee to my writing regimen. At this rate, I'll be ready for detox and a new wardrobe by January.

You can help by keeping me in prayer . . . and sending dark chocolate.



2 comments:

  1. Ever notice that you never feel like bingeing on brussels sprouts or boneless skinless chicken breast?

    I can so relate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, sadly and I must admit grossly, I did once binge on brussels sprouts. They were oven roasted and so yummy. And then, they became deadly. For me and everyone around me. Sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and please consider continuing this conversation with me on Twitter and Facebook!