Tuesday, June 8, 2010

(Deliverance) Prayers from Suburbia


Dear Almighty God,

Given the omnipotent, omniscience and omnipotence thing, You probably already have this situation covered. Still, I feel compelled ─ and You know why ─ to note The Hermitage is going on the housing market this Wednesday.

I'm hoping to You that the perfect pre-qualified ─ but preferably with cash ─ buyer appears in the twinkling of an eye and long before the last trumpet sounds (1 Co 15:52). Please give me the strength to eschew burying St. Joseph upside down in the yard and let me not have to go whinging to St. Jude.

And because the earth and its fullness is Yours (Ps 24:1), I'd be most grateful for a buyer who loves gardening, finds chipmunks amusing; one who appreciates ants and ladybugs alike.*

I give You thanks and praise for delivering me from Suburban Captivity during this, my enfleshed lifetime. All glory and honor are Yours, Almighty God ─ and so am I. Hallelujah, amen.


*How are my kitties' souls doing? I suspect the Betta Boys will be joining your holy menagerie sooner rather than later.