Tuesday, March 20, 2012

About the Skimpy Posting

Well, I hope you're enjoying my Go Fish series, cleverly scheduled for Fridays during Lent. I'm enjoying searching for and posting the images.

Am I ever going back to written posts? Of course! In fact, I've been writing lots of 'em -- for other blogs. Here are some you might find interesting:
  • On dotMagis, the blog of Ignatian Spirituality, I'm three questions into a blog-alogue with Jim Manney  about using social media. The most recent one, about what Ignatius would have done with social media, was thought-provoking fun to answer.
  • On Lent Madness, I've advocated for several saints and one of them, Mary Magdalene, has made it to the Elate Eight. I'm especially happy with the post I wrote that helped her trounce Joan of Arc.

So, yes, I've been writing! I've also been preparing for upcoming presentations and workshops. I'm thrilled that church social media is finally becoming worthy of attention by church leadership and delighted that I get to continue my adventures in healthcare social media. 

I'm scheduled to talk about and train folks about social media during these events:
  • Archdeacons & Formation Directors Conference (Association for Episcopal Deacons) in Baltimore, MD on March 23.
  • Social Media Residency Program (Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media) in Jacksonville, FL on March 28-29.
  • Conference on Diocesan Executives (CODE) in Annapolis, MD on April 20.
  • ELCA Southwestern Synod Assembly in Vancouver, WA on May 19 -- preceded by a week of consulting with a group of Seattle-based clergy and lay leadership.
  • Baltimore Nonprofit Leaders Circles Annual Forum in Baltimore, MD on June 20.

Meanwhile, Go Fish . . . on Fridays!